Get the Labelmaker here!
I have made the following improvements to this release (Updated 13 Oct 2015):
- Tested for use with MS Word 2016 for PC and Mac successfully!
- Fixed bugs with small batch sizes and with double label batches printing half the number of labels requested.
- Serial Numbered Label capability! See the Documentation to get started.
- Automatically calculates the maximum # of labels to fit on a sheet.
- Added another label type – each field represents one line.
- Added identification to the single label forms.
- Added limited font/size selection capability.
- Added A4 printing capability for those who’d like it.
- Cleaned up the Text File Backup feature.
There will be other improvements coming down the line as well. You can start by downloading the latest release: Insect Collection Labelmaker 2014. This is a Macro-enabled Microsoft Word document (.docm) format that should work in Word 2010, 2013 and 2016 for Windows, and Word 2011 and 2016 for Mac.
I will post detailed documentation on how to use the labelmaker in either the Documentation or the Tips and Tricks categories. You can start here.
I welcome any feedback you would like to send my way via the Feedback form to your right. The MS Word Labemaker is a step towards something bigger coming on the horizon, so I would like to know what features work or don’t work; what parts of the existing feature set are useful or not. I intend to see if barcoded output is feasible, though this would be more of a curation/storage tool vs an identification tool, and quite honestly might be tricky to do on a 5/8″ (16 mm) wide label.